Got Fear? Get Laughing - 28 Tricks for a Fearless Grade 6
Dave Davidson's heart is in the right place. He believes it's his mission to cure his friends of their fears. But his "therapy" has unintended and hilarious consequences...
Afraid of dancing at the school dance? Dave has tricks to fix that: sprain an ankle, eat expired food to get sick, or get suspended for a few days. Terrified of public speaking? Dave has tricks for that, too: pick up a virus or become a punk rock singer and lose your voice.
Get to know Dave Davidson and his friends as they make their hare-brained, fun, and fearless way through the ups and downs of sixth grade.
A boyish companion to the award-winning 26 Tips for Surviving Grade 6.
Reviews and Honours
A 2016 Diamond Willow Award nominee.
A Canadian Children's Book Centre "Best Book for Kids and Teens 2014" Starred Selection.
"This slender tome packs enough laughs and overall good feelings to satisfy readers aged 11 to 111." - The Montreal Review of Books.
"Funny, wise, fast-paced and engaging..." - Gillian O'Reilly's review on Readerly.
"****/4 ...guaranteed to make readers laugh out loud..." - CM Magazine.
Read more on my Reviews Page.
Juvenile Fiction (ages 9-12)
- 192 pages, available in hard cover, paperback, or e-book editions
- Themes: Humourous stories; school stories; friendships; phobias
- Publication Spring 2014; ISBN: 978-1-45940-618-6
- the publisher, James Lorimer & Company;
- an online retailer including: Amazon (Canada); Chapters; and McNally Robinson;
- or your local independent bookstore. Find one at Indie Store Finder.(If your local bookstore doesn't carry a title, just ask and they will order it for you - with no shipping costs to you, and you'll probably have it in just a week.)
Buy a Copy
You can purchase a copy of 28 Tricks for a Fearless Grade 6 from:
Or you can find a copy at your local library. (If your local library doesn't carry a title, ask and they may purchase it for their collection or find you a copy via interlibrary loan.)
If you're really stuck, I can probably lend you my copy.