Funding for Author Visits
Interested in one of my Presentations or Writing Workshops? Good news! Financial assistance for author visits is available throughout Canada, thanks to the generous support of our governments working with the literary non-profit community.
- If you are in an Ontario school, you can get financial assistance for an author visit through the Writers in the Schools Program administered by the Writers’ Union of Canada.
- If you’re in a Northern Ontario school, assistance to help fund transportation, accommodation, and multiple school visits may be available through the Writers in the Schools Northern Ontario Program.
- If you’re in Quebec at an elementary or secondary school, look me up on the Répertoire des ressources culture-éducation to get help with funding an author visit through the Culture in Schools program of the Quebec Ministry of Education.
- If you’re an English-language school in Quebec, you can receive full funding of multiple author visits through ArtistsInspire, which administers federal funding for minority language education. All schools are entitled to $1500 per year, and it’s simple to apply. Apply by December 14th for author visits taking place through March 2020. (The program will continue annually through 2023.)
- If you’re at a Quebec CEGEP, apply for funding through the Writers in CEGEPs Program administered by the Quebec Writers’ Federation.
- If you’d like a visit to your library, bookstore, or other non-school venue anywhere in Canada, funding assistance could be available from the Canada Council for the Arts through either the National Public Reading Program administered by the Writers’ Union of Canada, or through the Writers Out Loud program administered by the Quebec Writers’ Federation.
Wherever you may be, if you want me to come join you, feel free to contact me to arrange a visit.