I’m thrilled to be heading to Shawville, Quebec, next month for “Get the Word Out!,” a literacy festival hosted by the Western Quebec Literacy Council.
I’ll be joining other local artists and authors Jamaal Jackson Rogers, Robin Blackburn McBride, Seymour Hamilton, Katharine Fletcher, and Venetia Crawford for a day of poetry, stories, workshops and presentations on all good things, literary-wise.
Check out the full author lineup (and share this poster if you’re in the area!):
It’s happening on Saturday, September 10th, 2022 at Mill Dam Park (74 Clarendon Street), Shawville, Quebec. Here’s the day’s schedule:
- 10:30 am.: Katharine Fletcher
- 11:30 am: Venetia Crawford
- 12:30 pm: Jamaal Jackson Rogers
- 1:30 pm: Seymour Hamilton
- 2:30 pm: Catherine Austen (that’s me!)
- 3:30 pm: Robin Blackburn McBride
- 11:00 am: “Creating Community: Write what you Know” with Katharine Fletcher
- 1:00 pm: “Poetry and the Art of Spoken Word” with Jamaal Jackson Rogers
- 3:00 pm: “Five ways to Start a Story” with Catherine Austen (me again)
Plus there will be all-day info sessions with many community organizations, and places for the kids to play. Here’s a schedule poster — please repost it if you’re in the area.
I pass through Shawville regularly on the way to my cabin. It will be a treat to spend the day there and get to know more than the Canadian Tire store. 🙂
If you are in Western Quebec, come by for a fun day. And bring some stories to tell.
Hope to see you there!
Category: author talks, authors, What's New, writingTags: author readings, author talks, get the word out, jamaal jackson rogers, katharine fletcher, literacy festival, robin blackburn mcbride, seymour hamilton, shawville, venetia crawford, western quebec, western quebec literacy council, wqlc, writing